Saturday, May 29, 2004

heartbreak

We've experienced heartbreak. Men (maybe boys, actually) have, for whatever reason, decided not to commit themselves to us.

No real reason to mention that except that I find it rather odd that we share this experience.

I'm also really tired of waiting. Does everyone kind of wait after losing someone? Why do I keep waiting? Why is it that guys never seem to do the waiting? I haven't met one guy that has. Well, ok, maybe one, but only sorta, ok, he doesn't count either.

Yesterday, I actually decided that I was sick of waiting, sick of thinking. It's like chasing water being drawn by the sun. It's way stronger than I am. All I feel is the painful heat that's burning me.

I think I'm heading for the shade for a bit. Until the sun isn't too hot and blinding. Maybe I'll bask in it again at dawn...gentler light, the world looking new.

No comments: