Sunday, March 14, 2004

wasting

I keep thinking of things that make me cry. I daydream, I reminisce.

When someone's a part of you for so long, you sometimes wonder how it's possible that he'll never be in your life in quite the same way. And sometimes, I still miss him and ask, "Why?" And I wonder whether I'm really, truly open to someone else---completely.

I want the next one to always work out a way with me not to let anything get in the way of a good relationship; to keep together, no matter what, as long as the relationship is good. Because it seems a waste to love each other and then let go because someone has to do this and that. I want someone whom I can be with, regardless of what I'm doing and where I'm doing it, and I'd be there for him in the same way too. I want someone to change with me and to love me through the changes of time and place. Because I would do the same.

The next one has to work with me and take the time to weather the changes, and take me along through his changes; to keep building a bridge with me, no matter how our paths diverge so that there will always be a way to each other.

That's what I want and I won't settle for anything less.