Wednesday, March 31, 2004

i can be mean sometimes

I was reading her blog. How the hell can he have gone out with her? I just don't understand it! I mean there are interests that are similar, but on the whole, she can sound rather shallow. To be fair, blogs can only show a certain side to a person, but I just can't seem to find the more substantial side. She sounds really annoying. Fine, fine. I know that a part of me is a bit angry and maybe I'm not being too objective. I do think I am, though, because I'm quite good at being objective. Even when I'm being hurt I can see the other side of things, perhaps to the detriment of the side of me that needs to be angry, even vicious. In this case, nonetheless, I'm only seeing a side which doesn't seem to fit the puzzle.

Was he just lonely? Finding a replacement?

So mind-boggling. So unlike him.

I know that dating is supposed to be about giving people a chance and discovering who fits. Sometimes, I wonder if I'll miss someone because I "know" right away that he's not right. Maybe I should just be giving everyone a chance.

This isn't my style, though. I don't think it's fair, just in case the other person is or becomes truly interested. How long is one supposed to keep at it just in case the person turns out to be the one?

I don't know, I don't know. Don't know which philosophy to adopt. The one that says just keep dating, or the one that feels more me---wait until true interest comes and date only then. I'm sticking to the latter. I wonder if anything will change that. Right now I doubt it. If that's not my inclination, then I'd be dishonest to myself and to him.