Wednesday, April 14, 2004

i pledge my love to thee

In the depth of your darkness I find life. You wake my tired limbs and coax my mind into cognition. As numbness begins its delicate, opportunistic descent into the space gradually revealed by the hesitant, though imminent, departure of sentience, the force of your magnetism repels it with scathing dissent. For a few more moments, the world is tactile. I taste you...delightful, bittersweet. Your heat threatens to consume me from within, leaving a molten, metaphysical path that is my secret proof of your searing caress. My lotus eyes awake, belying the ephemeral fantasies that flit unseen. Sadly, our union is transient, and too hastily replaced by memory's sweet indolence. I am abandoned, defenseless, against night's restless fury. Defeated, I submit, and deliver my last conscious breath---a sacrifice at the altar of a vindictive wakefulness. Oh, hot, delicious, addictive coffee, only you can fill my fatigued body such sweet chaos!