Monday, July 05, 2004

I'm better now - Vive le Canada!

I have finally gotten over the cold. I still have phlegm that insists on cozying up to the sides of my throat.

I have had an awesome long weekend with the girlfriends. Nothing too wild; though in recounting the number of nights we stayed out really late to a co-worker, I realized that we did do our share of partying. Only one night of actual drunkenness and co-requisite behaviour. I actually enthusiastically made a really ditzy remark to a friend's cop friend... "pretend we've been doing bad things". That really wasn't what I meant. I was simply mulling over what a normal guy would be like as a cop. I mean, how his whole demeanour would change. Oy! Trust alcohol to twist your brain and tongue at the same time.

The time away was great! I really have to save more money and do it more often. It cleared my head a bit and allowed me to think of what's really important to me right now.

The last night we were out, a somewhat strange, though more recently characteristic thing, happened. I was right in there with the conversation, enjoying the beautiful night with the peeps, when I completely mellowed out. I sat there, not contributing much to the conversation and found myself being rather introspective. It may have been because I was tired (we had had a long day of hiking), but this is becoming a more common occurrence. I fall silent and I'm comfortable with it at the time, not really caring to force words out of my mouth. Then, I think about it and I wonder whether I'm passing up the chance to completely involve myself in the present. Anyway, the night ended with me wishing that I could keep the energy up, as though I had wasted part of my time away.

Not a bad thing entirely, but a bit uncharacteristic and more resembling the way I was in high school. I'm not sure if I like it. Guess it's just the way it is.

No comments: