Friday, August 23, 2013

just some musings

So here I am, sitting in a nice coffee shop overlooking an awesome Toronto park. Have I ever mentioned I live in T.O.?

Came to meet a friend that I haven't seen in a long while and wound up seeing another close friend, too, who had walked in just before me. Events like this make the city seems small and friendly. Or, it could be my outlook these days. I would like to acknowledge this happy time in my life. 

The spring didn't start off with much promise...had a bit of a health worry that is now no longer much of a worry. This occupied my mind --- I'm so prone to irrational expansions of minute possibilities --- for a good couple of months. Boo. Anyway, I kept trying to remind myself that I just needed to live because I really couldn't help much of what what was going on.

Did my comprehensive through July and am LOVING August. Been breaking a lot these days. I'm sure regular exercise has improved my mood greatly. Plus, I'm prepping for a piano recital for...maybe the fall?  I count myself lucky to be able to just make art for much of my day. Even my research has to do with art.

On another note, it's amazing how some people can really bring you down. A friend of mine was in a terrible mood last night...shooting down another friend's interests, and generally making things feel negative. Mind you, she had had a blast from a love past, so I understand. But when someone is mostly angry, it's really tough to be around them. I actually thought to myself, I don't know if I can be friends with this person. Which of course, may be a terrible thought, but I seem not to be able to express my own excitement at the things I'm doing because she's in such a negative state. So, if friendships are supposed to be two-way, will this work? 

Other than that, life is marvelous. Just about to go on a date with my partner in this gorgeous weather.

Hope the rest of the summer treats you well. 

Love,

Odd

1 comment:

e curls said...

Thought i'd check in, and look what i see here ..

I know what it's like to have the whole conversation about friendship in your mind and if it's a good idea. I've had to let some people go in the past that weren't the best for me. In the long run, once you get rid of the negativity - you'd be surprised how much space opens up in your life.

Life is good on my end - hope you are too. I often wonder if I've bumped into you at some point in this great city of ours .. but alas. You and your secrecy ;)

Have a wonderful 2014