Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grad School Dissonances

I cannot believe how long it has been! I've now lost all my old readers, no doubt. What can I say...life has been busy and I guess I haven't had the need to expres myself anonymously. But somehow today, I feel like it.

Yes, I'm in grad school. In a PhD program and it's an interesting thing. I absolutely hate class discussion, but now find myself interjecting. Just today, though I had 2 instances of opposing opinions to what I said. And I didn't offer any further explanation for my original opinion. I don't like making rebuttals. It's already one thing for me to have progressed so far as to speak without overthinking what I'm going to say. Now I am faced with disagreement, which is why I like to overthink in the first place---so I can work out all the possible sides before opening my mouth.

I also realize that part of the problem is that somewhere ingrained in me is a need to have the right answer---get the perfect mark. Though I know this isn't healthy. It's taking so much effort to undo in my own actions.

Okay. That's all for now as I've gotta go get my practice room.

P.S. I never changed my background, and yet my blog has a new one. What the hell?

No comments: