Wednesday, August 18, 2004

under pressure

It's so weird. I realize that I haven't blogged in a while. I'm feeling the pressure. I feel like if I don't write something, I'll lose my readers. This, despite starting the blog not thinking anyonewould read it.

My life has just been busy. I'm saying goodbye to a lot of things, but other prospects are looking bright. Like, hopefully, a slightly challenging new job. Who knows, who knows what the future will bring. It's amazing what can happen in a short period of time, if you think about it. Where will I be a year from now? What will I be doing? What new plans will I be making?

A couple of my friends have been seeing some action on the dating scene. As for me, I haven't. Thankfully, I haven't been worrying about it. Maybe it's because he's coming home soon. But the feeling of expectation isn't really the same with regard to that anymore.

I'm also finding that I'm getting more and more comfortable with the idea of smiling at guys when I go out. I've actually done it and received smiles back. I have found myself eyeing guys, making eye contact, even! These sound like small things, but after the break-up, this is a noticeable change. I like it. I'm feeling more free, less scared, though a little bit hesitant.

Things can only get better. Hmmm...I wonder how many spelling and grammatical errors I have made so far. I won't be rereading this post before publishing, or after, for editing.

There it is. As I've typed. No looking back.

No comments: